Regency March update

A few days ago (late March), I finally got my rear in gear and started sewing. It’s going together really easily so far (fingers crossed this continues!). I’m using a variation on the authentic pattern directions. Instead of leaving the center back completely open and tying with drawstrings, I’ve sewed the center back closed and after finishing the neckline, I will hand-sew two eyelets at the top of the center back and two at the bottom of the center back through which to pull the drawstrings. (Although I am thinking about making the neckline drawstring tie in the front instead, while retaining the back-tying waist drawstring. We’ll just see how things go.)

I’ve used French Seams throughout, except on the curved side-back seams, to give a nice interior finish.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s